RUPCO is seeking a highly motivated Real Estate Development Project Manager with 3 to 5 years of experience to process existing development pursuits and assist with new target opportunities. He/she will leverage their skills and experience in affordable housing best practices to take a significant leadership role in the creation of new housing for RUPCO’s growing portfolio.
Candidates must have experience and be technically proficient in aspects of affordable housing real estate development, including finance, grant writing, entitlement, design, construction, lease-up and operations.
Overview of Duties:
• Identifying acquisition opportunities, including evaluating over-all project feasibility
• Researching, preparing and submitting funding and grant applications
• Securing acquisition, predevelopment, construction and permanent financing
• Oversee the negotiation of major agreements and financing documents, including limited partnership agreements, loan documents, construction contracts, architectural agreements, and property management agreements
• Develop and underwrite pro forms, budget and project narratives, based on targeted audience, real estate development matrix, local need and other functions as needed
• Coordinate with architect, engineer, landscape architects, interior designers, property owners, project managers, and other team members
• Negotiate and draft contract terms and scope with design consultants and contractors
• Manage project timeline, ensuring milestones are met on time and within budget
• Oversee the construction draw process and develop monthly project reports
• Responsible for managing and executing project contracts in accordance with department and corporate requirements.
• Maintain compliance in all federal, state and local regulations and other mandated guidelines and polices request to Real Estate and Community Development, including safety and quality assurance.
• Manage files, provide reports and perform other administration tasks as needed.
Skills and Experience:
• A minimum of three years’ experience in community development, municipal governance and or affordable housing or a Bachelor’s Degree in Urban or Community Planning, Business or related field
• Experience and technically proficient in aspects of affordable housing real estate development, including finance, entitlement, design, construction, lease-up and operations
• Ability to analyze complex data, perform sophisticated analysis and make appropriate recommendations and decisions
• Experience with Excel and word processing software. Experience with Project Management software a plus
• Experience in grant writing, entitlement process, public sector funding, public speaking and non-profit organizations
• Excellent communication, team building spirit, interpersonal skills, and conflict resolution skills necessary
• Ability to organize, work independently, delegate, negotiate, and problem solve
• Must have a commitment to the mission of the organization and a passion for providing affordable homes and support services to the area’s most vulnerable populations
• Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Full-time position, generous benefit package, paid time-off
RUPCO welcomes and encourages diversity in its workforce and all individuals are encouraged to apply. RUPCO is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Please submit cover letter including salary requirement and resume by January 19, 2018 to:
289 Fair Street
Kingston NY 12401