RUPCO is looking for a Maintenance Technician responsible for assisting with the day-to-day maintenance of all RUPCO owned/managed properties. The Maintenance Technician reports directly to RUPCO’s Maintenance Supervisor. This full-time hourly position provides a salary range of $14-$16 per hour. The 35-hour work week includes a rotating on-call schedule, generous health benefits, vacation and personal days.
- Use of work order system to accomplish maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Accomplish unit turnarounds including make-ready time. Provide unit inspections as required.
- In association with the Property Management Supervisor and Maintenance Supervisor, contribute to the development and implementation of preventive maintenance plan. Maintain high-quality maintenance standards.
- Maintain rental units to include preventive maintenance; daily cleanliness and condition of grounds and common areas; emergency repairs or services.
- In association with the Property Management Supervisor and Maintenance Supervisor, assist with vendor relations to include obtaining Hold Harmless Agreements and ensuring compliance with insurance requirements.
- Complete required reports. Maintain maintenance files as required.
Provide research and initiative in the area of maintenance and property management.
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state and local regulations and other mandated guidelines and policies relevant to property management and operations including safety and quality assurance.
- Provide ‘on-call’ after-hours weekday, weekend and holiday coverage as scheduled
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience:
- Basic knowledge of general maintenance repairs (plumbing, electrical, carpentry, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of equipment used to perform general maintenance repairs
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs., climb stairs & ladders, not afraid to get hands “dirty”
- Valid & acceptable driver’s license endorsed by agency insurance company
- Reliable transportation to get between worksites
- Enthusiastic, friendly and positive attitude
- Able to work independently but also as part of the team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills: written and oral
- Experience in a customer service environment (our tenants are our customers)
- Tolerance and sensitivity to a diverse population
- Strong work ethic