We’re connecting homebuyers with SONYMA’s Neighborhood Revitalization Program, a package of incentives to help owner‐occupant homebuyers purchase and renovate vacant homes in Kingston, Middletown and Newburgh.
Program features include:
* Up to $20,000 cash assistance to renovate a home that you purchase
* Access to financing additional improvements into your purchase mortgage for post-closing rehab
* NRP can be combined with other grants and assistance programs thereby maximizing your ability to make your new home safe, secure and energy-efficient
* SONYMA mortgages of 30 years, low interest, no “Borrower Points,” down payment assistance arranged through select banks (M&T Bank, Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union, Mid-Hudson Valley Credit Union)
* Vacant properties in designated areas capable of housing 1 to 4 families
* Seller must be able to pass a clean title to the purchaser
* Applicant must occupy the property as the primary residence
* Eligibility is determined by income limits up to 125% of Area Median Income (which varies by county) or 150% on a case‐by‐case basis
* Good credit, stable employment and ability to make monthly mortgage payments
We’re ready to assist you with the purchase of a vacant home* located one of the eligible communities of Kingston, Middletown, Newburgh. For assistance in Middletown and Newburgh, call (845) 713-4568; for assistance in Kingston, call (845) 331-9860.
*Vacant simply means no one is living at the address . The property does not have to be abandoned to qualify.