RUPCO has an opportunity available as a Housing Quality Standards (HQS) Inspector. The HQS Inspector reports directly to the Director of Rental Assistance, and is responsible for performing inspections on dwellings to be subsidized in accordance with HUD Housing Quality Standards. This full-time position is comprised of the following:
1. Notifies tenant/landlords by mail of upcoming annual inspections.
2. Conducts apartment inspections utilizing HQS standards.
3. Contacts tenants/landlords to schedule initial inspections in a timely manner.
4. Handles tenant/landlord complaints regarding rental unit conditions. Conducts
special inspections when necessary.
5. Corresponds with tenant/landlords regarding any subsidized unit failing Housing Quality Standards.
6. Updates Housing Choice Voucher Program database with current inspection information.
7. Updates inspection database with current Housing Quality Standards failure information.
8. Maintains a positive and professional relationship with tenants/landlords participating in the rental assistance program.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience:
- Must have valid driver’s license and driving record that meets RUPCO insurance underwriting standards.
- Must have reliable transportation to be used to conduct inspections if company vehicle is not available.
- Must be organized and able to work independently.
- Must have effective communication and interpersonal skills (both written and oral).
- Experience in a customer service environment, as we believe our clients are our customers.
- Tolerance and sensitivity in working with a diverse population.
- Strong work ethic
- Computer literate
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of the Housing Choice Voucher Program and housing construction is helpful.
- Must complete the HQS training to become certified within one year of assuming position
Salary: $15.53/hour; full-time position with benefits
Application Deadline: Resumes and letters of interest will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled
Submit notification of interest by email: Vanessa Secore, Director of Rental Assistance