RUPCO is looking for a Maintenance Technician to join its team of property professionals. This full-time, hourly position (35-hour work week plus rotating on-call responsibility) assists in the day-to-day maintenance of all RUPCO owned/managed properties. The Maintenance Technician reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Use of work order system to accomplish maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Accomplish unit turnarounds including make ready time. Provide unit inspections as required.
- In association with the Property Management Supervisor and Maintenance Supervisor, contribute to the development and implementation of preventive maintenance plan. Maintain high-quality maintenance standards.
- Maintain rental units to include preventive, daily cleanliness and condition of grounds and common areas, emergency repairs or services.
- In association with the Property Management Supervisor and Maintenance Supervisor, assist with vendor relations, including obtaining Hold Harmless Agreements and ensuring compliance with insurance requirements.
- Complete required reports. Maintain maintenance files as required.
- Provide research and initiative in the area of maintenance or property management.
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state and local regulations and other mandated guidelines and policies relevant to property management and operations including safety and quality assurance.
- Provide ‘on-call’ after-hours weekday, weekend and holiday coverage as scheduled.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience
- Basic knowledge of general maintenance repairs (plumbing, electrical, carpentry, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of equipment used to perform general maintenance repairs
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs., climb stairs and ladders, not afraid to get hands “dirty”
- Valid and acceptable driver’s license endorsed by agency insurance company
- Reliable transportation to get between worksites
- Enthusiastic, friendly and positive attitude
- Able to work independently but also as part of the team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills: written and oral
- Experience in a customer service environment (our tenants are our customers)
- Tolerance and sensitivity to a diverse population
- Strong work ethic
Attractive benefits package and working environment. Please submit notice of interest for this position to email@example.com — applications will be accepted until the position is filled.