Applications are Open. The deadline is Friday, July 16. Applications can be downloaded and printed copies are available for pick up at RUPCO’s office 289 Fair St., Kingston, NY 12401.
CLOSED – City of Kingston COVID-19 Rental Assistance
Deadline: Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 2 pm
Kingston COVID Rental Assistance will provide up to three months’ rental arrears for households impacted by COVID 19. Households must earn less than 80% area median income (see income limit chart below). Households will need to document that have been directly impacted by COVID-19 by a reduction or loss of income. Assistance will be prioritized for families and for households earning 60% area median income (see chart below) or less. The Program anticipates serving between 20-25 households with a maximum assistance cap of $3,000 for each household. Payments will be made directly to landlords for rental arrears and assistance can’t exceed base rent amount in lease.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a current renter residing in the City of Kingston
- Household income limits are listed below. Those earning at or below 60% Area Median Income (AMI) will be prioritized
- Proof of loss or reduction of income related to COVID-19 is required
- A lease or rental agreement is required
Please note that tenants living in RUPCO properties or renters receiving ongoing rental assistance, such as Section 8, are not eligible
Required Application Documentation
Eligible families will be required to provide the following documentation to be screened for eligibility:
- Complete an intake form either online or paper intakes are available at RUPCOs Lobby at 289 Fair Street.
- Complete a HUD Self-Certification-Form to document you earn less than 80% AMI; See Household Income Chart below*
- Document that they experienced a loss of income due to COVID-19. Examples of acceptable documentation include but not limited to Unemployment filing date, Furlough documentation, or documentation of illness or quarantine. Screen shots of the required documents will be accepted, as long as they are legible.
|80% Area Median Income||
|60% Area Median Income||35,160||40,200||45,240||50,220||
- Complete the online application or pick up a paper copy of the application at the RUPCO drop box in the lobby at 289 Fair Street
- Send the following documentation to Sally Dolan at firstname.lastname@example.org
– HUD Certification Form and list all income sources for all household members over 18 years of age, unless they are full time
– Documentation of hardship related to COVID-19.
Application and documentation deadline is Thursday, December 31, 2020. Applicants must submit the application, HUD Certification Form and the documentation of COVID hardship to be entered into the lottery.
A lottery for completed applications will take place January 12, 2021
Notification will be sent to all Renters and Landlords by e-mail if they were or were not selected in the lottery.
Households that are selected from the lottery will be will be required to submit two additional landlord documents by Monday January 25, 2021.
Paper applications are available in RUPCOs Lobby at 289 Fair Street which is open 24/7 for drop off and pick up. Please note that RUPCO offices are closed to the public, so applications need to be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com, faxed to 845-331-9864 or put in the drop box. Call Sally Dolan at 845-331-9860 ext 227 for questions and information.
RUPCO offices will be closed December 25, 2020 through January 1, 2021. Applications and documentation submitted during that period will be reviewed the week of January 4th.
Application Dates and Deadlines
- Deadline for Application and Documentation: Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 2 pm
- Application Lottery: January 12, 2021. Renters and Landlords will receive notification if they were or were not selected in the lottery.
- Deadline for Additional documentation for selected households: January 25, 2021
Funding for this program made possible by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development through the City of Kingston Community Development Office
Interested in purchasing a home in Sullivan County? RUPCO is administering a homeownership grant program for Sullivan County first-time homebuyers. Up to $25,000 is available for income eligible households for down payment, closing costs and post closing rehab. Contact Frank Robusto, firstname.lastname@example.org (845) 331-9860 ext 320 for an eligibility screen. ⠀
Come see the first group show of Lace Mill artists to be held at the Lace Mill! As part of Arts Mid-Hudson’s Art Walk Kingston, held Saturday and Sunday October 1 and 2, Holly Christiana will be hosting two shows each day in the Main Gallery.
4pm: Poetry and Poety Things – artists include: Allan Stevo, Chris Wood, Tobias Anderson, Joshua Stern and Peter Coates on Koto
5pm: “Lace Mill Sampler” artists include: Cheryl Crispell, Tina Crispell, James Martin, Jordan Roque, Rubi Rose, Ziggy Ziebell, Terrance Harris, Felix Olivieri and Daniel Rhinier
3pm: Poetry and Poety Things – Allan Stevo, Chris Wood, Tobias Anderson, Joshua Stern and Amy Westberg
4pm: “Lace Mill Sampler” artists include: Cheryl Crispell, Tina Crispell, James Martin, Jordan Roque, Rubi Rose, Ziggy Ziebell, Terrance Harris, Felix Olivieri and Daniel Rhinier
“The potential created by this beautiful building, and this community – both for our artists and for our neighbors – is profound. We look forward to this being the first of many collaborations, and to regularly creating an opportunity to share our work with local residents, as RUPCO envisioned when renovating the Lace Mill.” Holly Christiana
Are you tired of high electric costs? Is solar energy a project you wish to learn more about? Do you want to install solar on your home?
Join us for an informational session on Tuesday, April 5. We’ll talk about the solar grant program to assist households with energy efficient upgrades including renewable energy alternatives. RUPCO is o0wrking in partnership with Ulster County to administer its Community Development Block Grant Funding (CDBG).
This informational session is free and open to the public. Please RSVP with email@example.com or 845 331 9860 ext 220.