RUPCO is looking for a Communications Manager to report directly to the VP of Portfolio Management, in coordination with the CEO of RUPCO. This person is responsible for the development, implementation, and monitoring of all communications, marketing, and public relations programs that focus on raising the general understanding of and interest in RUPCO. Also, the position is responsible for all fundraising activities to secure charitable contributions to support RUPCO’s mission.
- Act as lead ambassador for the RUPCO brand.
- Develop & implement communications strategies.
- Create content for public relations and marketing materials.
- Manage website, social media and all electronic communications.
- Write and distribute media releases on agency-wide activities.
- Responsible for print ad content and placement.
- Produce content to promote RUPCO through stories that promote our mission.
- Cultivate relationships with media representatives.
- Develop & implement event planning and logistics.
- Cultivate and foster relationships with funders & supporters including individuals, small businesses, corporate, foundation and government
- Manage fundraising campaigns for each event
- Staging & management of special events
- Post-event follow-up communication to attendees, sponsors and vendors.
- Management of personnel assigned for special or community events including recruitment, training, scheduling, evaluation and supervision
- Management of files, contracts, reports and correspondence and other documents related to work areas
- Produce and Deliver RUPCO’s annual report on schedule.
- Grant application research and writing to advance RUPCO Communications
- Manage fundraising campaigns
- Provide input to the annual budget process and manage fiscal compliance.
- Adheres to federal, state, and local tax requirements for the fundraising and public relations programs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse groups.
- Ability to organize, work independently, delegate, negotiate and problem solve.
- Knowledge of fundraising techniques, grant writing and experience with fundraising software, graphic software and web design.
- Implementation and management of fundraising software.
- Writing, storytelling and editing background desirable.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field and experience in media relations, corporate communications and fundraising is desired.
- Must have personal telephone, valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Please submit notice of interest for this position along with a resume and paragraph or two explaining why you would like to be considered for this job and the skills that you bring to the table.
Letters of interest should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 31st at noon.