The Live-In Superintendent reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor of RUPCO, and is responsible for managing the day-to -ay maintenance of the intergenerational affordable housing development known as The Mews at Prattsville located in Prattsvile, NY. The Live-In Superintendent plays a key role in protecting, cleaning and maintaining buildings and ensuring the safety and comfort of its tenants. For many tenants, the Live-In Superintendent is RUPCO’s most visible representative. The Superintendent apartment is a 2-bedroom apartment with heat and hot water included. This is a part-time, live-in position with duties which may include, but are not limited to.
- Conduct daily cleaning duties both inside and outside around the entire campus. Tasks will ensure common areas are clean and in good repair; emergency exits and fixtures are in working order; snow, garbage, and recycling is removed from designated areas; elevators, lobbies, walls, and windows are clean; and floors are maintained (i.e. swept, mopped, buffed, vacuumed, and cleaned).
- Conduct emergency repairs or services as needed.
- Manage and monitor grounds to ensure that they are properly and safely maintained. Conduct a walking tour around the campus on a regular basis (daily/weekly) to monitor aesthetics of tenant areas and common spaces.
- Maintain grounds. This includes minor snow removal, clearing snow and ice from sidewalks. Overall landscaping: picking up trash, cutting grass, raking leaves and tending gardens, weeding, planting, etc.
- Perform a wide variety of general maintenance tasks such as small areas of drywall repair, painting, appliance repair/replacement, diagnose mechanical, plumbing, electrical problems and to make repairs as appropriate. Liaison and manage vendor relations on various projects needed for work to be done outside of the scope of Superintendent ability.
- Manage work order system to accomplish maintenance tasks. Accurate and timely completion of applicable reports (i.e. work orders, incident reports, etc.). Maintain maintenance files as required.
- Serve as first responder to emergency calls from tenants and alarm company.
- Act as a liaison to RUPCO Program Services staff and assist with identifying potential necessities of the special needs residents. Provide referral information to tenants for services and supports from community agencies.
- Coordinate and organize periodic social events for the tenants in conjunction with the property manager.
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state and local regulations and other mandated guidelines and policies relevant to property management and operations including safety and quality assurance.
- Provide on-call, after-hours, and/or weekend duties as necessary and assigned.
- Other general duties as designated.
Please submit letter of interest including summary of qualifications for this position to email@example.com by Wednesday, August 8 at noon.