RUPCO seeks a Maintenance Technician to assist in the day-to-day maintenance of all RUPCO owned /managed properties. The Maintenance Technician reports directly to RUPCO’s Maintenance Supervisor. This is a full-time, hourly position. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Use of work order system to accomplish maintenance tasks as assigned. Accomplish unit turnarounds including make ready time. Provide unit inspections as required.
- In association with the Maintenance Supervisor and the VP of Portfolio Management, will contribute to the development and implementation of a preventative maintenance plan. Maintain high-quality maintenance standards.
- Maintain rental units to include preventive, daily cleanliness and condition of grounds and common areas, emergency repairs or services.
- In association with the Maintenance Supervisor and the VP of Portfolio Management, assist with vendor relations; including obtaining Hold Harmless Agreements and ensuring compliance with insurance requirements.
- Complete required reports. Maintain maintenance files as required.
- Provide research and initiative in the area of maintenance or property management.
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state and local regulations and other mandated guidelines and policies relevant to property management and operations including safety and quality assurance.
- Provide ‘on-call’ after-hours weekday, weekend and holiday coverage as scheduled.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience
- Basic knowledge of general maintenance repairs (plumbing, electrical, carpentry, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of equipment used to perform general maintenance repairs
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs., climb stairs & ladders, not afraid to get hands “dirty”
- Valid & acceptable driver’s license endorsed by agency insurance company
- Reliable transportation to get between work sites
- Enthusiastic, friendly and positive attitude
- Able to work independently but also as part of the team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills: written and oral
- Experience in a customer service environment (our tenants are our customers)
- Tolerance and sensitivity to a diverse population
- Strong work ethic
Please submit notice of interest for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com; candidates will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.