THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED 11/13/18: The Maintenance Technician is responsible to assist in the day to day maintenance of all RUPCO owned or managed properties. The Maintenance Technician reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor of RUPCO. This is a full time position, hourly position. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Use of work order system to accomplish maintenance tasks as assigned. Accomplish unit turnarounds including make ready time. Provide unit inspections as required.
- In association with the Assistant Vice President of Operations and the Maintenance Supervisor, contribute to the development and implementation of preventive maintenance plan. Maintain high quality maintenance standards.
- Maintain rental units to include preventive, daily cleanliness and condition of grounds and common areas, emergency repairs or services.
- In association with the Assistant Vice President of Operations and the Maintenance Supervisor, assist with vendor relations; including obtaining Hold Harmless Agreements and ensuring compliance with insurance requirements.
- Complete required reports. Maintain maintenance files as required.
- Provide research and initiative in the area of maintenance or property management.
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state and local regulations and other mandated guidelines and policies relevant to property management and operations including safety and quality assurance.
- Provide ‘on-call’ after-hours weekday, weekend and holiday coverage as scheduled
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience
- Basic knowledge of general maintenance repairs (plumbing, electrical, carpentry, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of equipment used to perform general maintenance repairs
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs., climb stairs & ladders, not afraid to get hands “dirty”
- Valid & acceptable driver’s license endorsed by agency insurance company
- Reliable transportation to get between worksites
- Enthusiastic, friendly and positive attitude
- Able to work independently but also as part of the team in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills: written and oral
- Experience in a customer service environment (our tenants are our customers)
- Tolerance and sensitivity to a diverse population
- Strong work ethic
Please submit notice of interest for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, October 26th at noon.