Coordinated Entry Outreach Specialist
Full time – 35 hour work week
Date Job Posted 5/4/2021
RUPCO is an active participant in the Ulster County Continuum of Care (CoC) and serves as the Collaborative Applicant for the Ulster County CoC. The CoC oversees the Coordinated Entry (CE) list, a prioritization list to house the chronically homeless and the most vulnerable people experiencing homelessness in Ulster County. The Coordinated Entry Outreach Specialist will go to motels and engage the individual by offering stabilization services and light case management. The Coordinated Entry Outreach Specialist will also be in charge of updating the CE list contact information to ensure a warm hand off when CoC agencies report vacancies.
- Responsible to conduct motel outreach and engaging individuals in various settings of homelessness. Outreach services will be individualized and may look like: conducting phone outreach when contact information is available, visiting referred clients at homeless encampment sites, living in their cars, couch surfing, etc., and attempting to stabilize them in a local motel. Once secure housing has been obtained, it will be necessary to provide follow up with individuals to ensure they are stabilizing in the Permanent Supportive housing program.
- Assisting tenants in navigating conflict as they transition from experiencing homelessness, into motels, and then finally into permanent housing settings. Conflicts can be emotional, social, financial, and if tenants are not adequately supported they can self-sabotage their housing opportunity.
- Schedule and maintain, at minimum, two in-person meetings with individuals each month. Weekly communication, via either email or phone, made to ensure continued engagement.
- Deliver case management services entered on Strengths based Case Management and Trauma informed Case Management.
- Provide self-advocacy support designed to promote the individual’s ability to assess their own needs and to make changes in their own lives.
- Attend monthly CoC meetings to report to local Ulster County agencies regarding the status of Coordinated Entry and those on the CE list.
- Make referrals and coordinate care plans with other Ulster County service providers as needed.
- Skill development of individuals by assisting them to gain and utilize the skills necessary to undertake employment or pursue educational opportunities when stably housed.
- Assists individuals with Public Benefits management and advocacy with multiple systems, including enrollment in Medicaid.
- Provide educational and vocational information and/or job readiness skills education and referrals.
- Responsible to ensure confidentiality of client files and participant/tenant information.
- Responsible for all client level data entry in all applicable data bases. Preparing quarterly reports on numbers served, status and successful outcomes. Provide additional reports as required.
- Responsible for timely return of phone follow up with clients and providers.
- Occasional flexibility to work hours required as business necessitates.
- This is a newly created program and position. Job duties may evolve or expand as the program is launched and real-time experience related to the needs of the participants have been identified.
- This position is reliant upon funding from NYS. RUPCO will pursue all renewals and opportunities for continuation of the program as they become available.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in human services related field (social work, psychology, or mental health counseling) are highly recommended
- Certifications from the National Certified Counselor (NCC), Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC), or Master Addictions Counselor (MAC) are recommended
- 3 years of experience of case management is highly recommended
- Knowledge of Ulster County service providers, non-profits, and other local contacts is highly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse groups required.
- Compassion and empathy for the population being served in this program.
- Bilingual ability is desired but not required.
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Computer literacy is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle for travel.
After carefully reading the duties and requirements of this position, if you feel you are qualified and interested in being considered, please submit letter detailing your experience/education to Kelsey Vargas at email@example.com