Tired of paying rent to someone else?
Wondering if YOU can own your own home?
Ready to invest in your own future but don’t know where to start?
Find out how RUPCO can help you reach your goal of homeownership.
Come to our Homebuyer Informational Session!
Wednesday, January 23, 2019
The Kirkland, 2 Main Street, Kingston
On-street parking or free after-hours parking in the Ulster County municipal lot next door.
REPAIR GRANTS AVAILABLE TO SAUGERTIES HOMEOWNERS!
Saugerties Single Family Repair Program Public Meeting
The Town of Saugerties in collaboration with RUPCO has secured NYS Affordable Housing Corp. funds to assist Town and Village of Saugerties homeowners with home improvement projects.
Please join us for an Informational Meeting on December 11, 2018 from 5:30-7 pm.
Senior Center : 207 Market Street, Saugerties NY 12477
Call 845-331-9860 to register.
First-time homebuyers interested in getting a leg up on homeownership in 2019 can attend the FREE Homebuyer Informational Session on Wednesday, December 12 from 6-7 p.m.
Call the HomeOwnership Center 845-331-9860 to register.
RUPCO is partnering with Ulster Savings Bank and M&T Bank in accessing the SmartMove New York loan that helps first time homebuyers overcome the obstacles of downpayment and closing costs. We can help homebuyers secure this loan available through the Housing Development Fund (HDF). Participating homebuyers may be able to put down as little as 1% of the purchase price because of SmartMove New York’s low interest loans!
If you qualify for a SmartMove loan, you can also participate in the NY Statewide Downpayment Assistance Program and receive $10,000 in the form of a 30-year, 0% interest loan for downpayment/closing costs. Limited statewide funds remain, so be sure to apply soon to build an affordable, sustainable homeownership plan!
A SmartMove New York loan is a 3% (APR = 3.42% to 4.74%) second mortgage for up 20% of the home purchase price. There is an origination fee of 3.75% for SmartMove New York borrowers, paid at closing. SmartMove New York loans can be combined with RUPCO’s and HDF’s other downpayment assistance programs to increase your downpayment and cover closing costs. You must spend down to $25,000 in liquid assets before closing, which does not include retirement savings/401(k).
For more information about how RUPCO can assist you in your home purchase in Ulster, Orange, Greene and Sullivan Counties, click here to get started with our Homeownership Center or call the office at (845) 331-9860.
Local arts businesses, makers, artists, and creators return to The Metro, 2 S. Propect Avenue, Kingston on Thursday, December 6 for an expo of all things made in Kingston. The sixth annual Made In Kingston is co-sponsored by the City of Kingston, Kingston Midtown Arts District, Arts Mid Hudson, Business Alliance of Kingston, and RUPCO.
This year’s event returns to the spacious & heated space at The Metro, (on the corner of Greenkill Avenue, opposite the Boys and Girls Club).
RUPCO closed on the 70,000-square-foot underutilized, near-vacant factory/warehouse last year and is donating the space for this special event. RUPCO is proposing The Metro as a film and technology hub to include maker spaces and other creative uses.
“We are thrilled to host Made in Kingston for the third time in one of our buildings and bringing together area makers under one roof,” notes Kevin O’Connor, Chief Operating Officer at RUPCO. “This talent gathering event is what The Metro is all about: creating entrepreneurial space for peopleto create, make and sell what inspires their lives. Artisan and maker-based efforts like this build our local economy. Creative production, job training, and pathways to equity help our neighbors make sustainable livings close to home.”
Made in Kingston opens its doors to the public an hour earlier this year, at 3 pm, and stays open for shopping and browsing until 8:30 pm. In addition to more than four dozen local artists, the evening will feature local food, beverages and musical entertainment. For artists’ online registration click here.
Food and beverages will be available for purchase from Kingston eateries: Peace Nation, PAKT, Ruby Mae Soul Food, Tubby’s, Keegan Ales, and Jane’s Ice Cream.
The Lace Mill Arts Council presents the Holiday Art Show and Silent Auction featuring inspired creations from Lace Mill artists and guests. Works include paintings, drawings, sculptures, and jewelry, all available for sale.
A Silent Auction from December 1 through December 27 benefits the Lace Mill Arts Council and its 2019 exhibit schedule.
Artist Opening Reception will be held Saturday December 1 from 5-9 pm. Meet the artists, your neighbors, and members of the surrounding community.
The Lace Mill is located at 165 Cornell Street, Kingston. Gallery hours are Friday through Monday, noon-5 pm or by appointment; call 845-481-5402.
Non-resident parking available on South Manor, Prospect, Cornell Streets. All are welcome.
Lace Mill artist-resident Ron DeNitto shares 40 years of collective works, including two theme series:
“Ferguson” portrays the strife and impact of this historic event.
“Circus” is Ron’s take on the current political climate and the striking resemblance of circus elements
On display November 3 to 29 in The Lace Mill Main and West Galleries.
Gallery hours: Friday through Monday, noon-5 pm
Private viewings arranged by appointment 845-481-5402
Singer/songwriter and Kingston native Donny Mapes headlines RUPCO’s second fundraiser benefitting homelessness. Donny brings his flair for hip hop, R&B and Motown to the corner of Clinton & Main — and you’re invited!
Proceeds from tonight’s performance benefit RUPCO’s Emergency Assistance Fund which helps over 500 area families avoid homelessness. Can’t make the event? Make a donation online.
Place: The Kirkland, 2 Main St., Kingston 12401
Date: Wednesday, November 21st
Time: Doors open at 6 pm; Music from 6:30-9 pm
Suggested Donation: $10 at the door includes performance &
light snacks. Beer and wine available.
More information: Tara Collins, 845-331-2140 x276
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED 11/13/18: The Maintenance Technician is responsible to assist in the day to day maintenance of all RUPCO owned or managed properties. The Maintenance Technician reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor of RUPCO. This is a full time position, hourly position. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Use of work order system to accomplish maintenance tasks as assigned. Accomplish unit turnarounds including make ready time. Provide unit inspections as required.
- In association with the Assistant Vice President of Operations and the Maintenance Supervisor, contribute to the development and implementation of preventive maintenance plan. Maintain high quality maintenance standards.
- Maintain rental units to include preventive, daily cleanliness and condition of grounds and common areas, emergency repairs or services.
- In association with the Assistant Vice President of Operations and the Maintenance Supervisor, assist with vendor relations; including obtaining Hold Harmless Agreements and ensuring compliance with insurance requirements.
- Complete required reports. Maintain maintenance files as required.
- Provide research and initiative in the area of maintenance or property management.
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state and local regulations and other mandated guidelines and policies relevant to property management and operations including safety and quality assurance.
- Provide ‘on-call’ after-hours weekday, weekend and holiday coverage as scheduled
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience
- Basic knowledge of general maintenance repairs (plumbing, electrical, carpentry, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of equipment used to perform general maintenance repairs
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs., climb stairs & ladders, not afraid to get hands “dirty”
- Valid & acceptable driver’s license endorsed by agency insurance company
- Reliable transportation to get between worksites
- Enthusiastic, friendly and positive attitude
- Able to work independently but also as part of the team in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills: written and oral
- Experience in a customer service environment (our tenants are our customers)
- Tolerance and sensitivity to a diverse population
- Strong work ethic
Please submit notice of interest for this position to email@example.com by no later than Friday, October 26th at noon.