RUPCO, Inc. is seeking an accomplished professional with at least 10 years of housing experience, ideally in a management/leadership role in a complex organization, non-profit or private sector. Experience in non-profit finance, asset management and human resources shall be considered a plus.
For more than 30 years, RUPCO, a 501-c-3 not-for-profit agency, has led the region in creating and maintaining quality, sustainable housing and rental opportunities, inspiring understanding and acceptance of affordable housing initiatives, fostering community development and revitalization, and providing opportunity to people to improve their living standards. In that time RUPCO has established a successful track record as a leader in the creation and improvement of quality, sustainable housing, has created strong partnerships locally and nationally, and has maintained a fiscally healthy balance sheet, allowing for flexibility and agility in providing services.
The Chief Operating Officer is a key member of the Executive Council and Senior Management Team at RUPCO and reports to the Chief Executive Officer. In addition to managing the day-to-day operations of the agency, responsibilities include grant writing, contract and grant compliance, management of Human Resources, and oversight of Property Management, Rental Assistance and Program Services departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s mission
- Manage core housing functions including Asset and Property Management, Support Services, Human Resources and operations.
- Oversee insurance, contract and grant compliance
- Assist CFO in preparation of annual budgets
- Serve as member of the Executive Management Council and Senior Management Team; working together to provide the organization with a strategic vision and mission
- Serve as RUPCO’s Green Team Leader
- Participate in Board of Directors committees: Finance and Audit, Asset Management/Real Estate, Rental Assistance/Program Services
- Participate in training and education seminars as needed to maintain current skills and to expand expertise as may be required to implement organization’s programs and projects
- Coordinate RUPCO’s reporting for NeighborWorks America
- Assume lead role in managing Rural Preservation Program and NeighborWorks America grants
- Travel as required
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Good judgement and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently and meet multiple deadlines efficiently and effectively
- Experience developing and implementing strategies
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and managerial skills
- Experience in managing a diverse staff
- Excellent grant writing skills
- Strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to manage by influence
- High energy, maturity and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force for the organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and general office systems
- Evidence of dependability and effective work habits
- Master Degree Preferred. Bachelors’ Degree and 10 years related experience required.
- Must have valid drivers’ license and reliable vehicle
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements by August 21, 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or send via mail to RUPCO, Inc., 289 Fair St. Kingston, NY 12401