THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED AS OF MAY 27, 2016: RUPCO is searching for a Construction/Housing Rehabilitation Specialist in its NeighborWorks HomeOwnership Center. The Rehab Specialist performs Housing Quality Inspections for RUPCO’s first-time homebuyer and Ulster County rehab programs. The Rehab Specialist also prepares cost estimates and work specs for all initial inspections and handles construction monitoring and oversight. This position is under the direct supervision and report to of the Homeownership Center Manager.
- Perform initial Housing Quality Inspections (HQS) for first time homebuyer and other HOC administered programs
- Develop cost estimates and spec writing for properties for both programs, with cost estimating software program
- Contact local building departments to verify the need of permits, collect building permits, and ensure building permit close outs. Secure Board of Fire Underwriters approvals, lead clearance or other reports as needed to meet grant guidelines.
- Construction conference with homeowners and/or contractors to review and or develop an action plan for the construction process
- Overseeing construction work, construction management, preparation of bidding and contract documents, and payment requests. Resolve conflicts between owner and contractors.
- Performing Environmental Reviews for grants, including SHPO, FEMA Flood mapping, Lead Determination, and complete package
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience:
- General construction and repair knowledge, construction experience, and cost estimation skills essential
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Computer proficiency a must
- A minimum of three years field experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Must own a vehicle and have a valid license required
- Full time position, 35-hour work week
- Hours are primarily Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm with some flexibility as business necessitates
- Generous benefit package includes vacation, personal and sick time; paid holidays; company-paid health benefits; 403b Retirement Savings Plan with company match. Salary in low to mid $30k, negotiable based upon experience
- Office is located in Kingston, NY however this position does require some travel to complete inspections of identified housing properties
To Apply: RUPCO welcomes and encourages diversity in its workforce and all individuals are encouraged to apply. RUPCO is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Please submit cover letter including salary history and resume highlighting relevant experience by noon on Friday, April 30th, 2016 to: