AFFORDABLE LIVING, SENIOR HOUSING, A SUPPORTIVE ENVIRONMENT
APPLICATION WINDOW CLOSED
Applications can be downloaded and printed copies are available for pick up at the lobby of RUPCO’s office at
289 Fair St., Kingston, NY 12401.
The initial occupancy lottery will occur on June 4 at 289 Fair St., Kingston, NY 12401. RUPCO expects an August 2021 move-in date for residents selected through the lottery. Applications that are not selected and those received after the deadline will be placed on a waitlist for future occupancy.
Located at 300 Flatbush Ave., Landmark Place is a 14-acre multi-dwelling campus that provides 66 affordable and supportive homes for seniors 55 and older. The site features the rehabilitated former Kingston Almshouse, now called Landmark West, that houses 34 studio apartments and a newly constructed four-story building, Landmark East, that houses 32 one-bedroom units.
The development was awarded an Empire State Supportive Housing Initiative (ESSHI) grant through the NYS Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance to provide rental subsidy and case management services for 35 apartments to qualifying individuals, including people who are homeless or in danger of becoming homeless. Additional considerations will be made for disabled veterans, frail and elderly seniors, and those who meet mental health/substance use set aside qualifications.
MAX ANNUAL INCOME LIMITS
Units with subsidy
One person – $29,300
Two person – $33,500
Units without subsidy
One person – $35,160
Two person – $40,200
Rents for units without subsidy start at
$730 a Studio
$781 for a one bedroom.
All rents include heat, hot water, and electric utilities.
Landmark Place was planned with seniors in mind, employing Active Design and other evidence-based approaches to maximize residents’ physical and mental health, including step-in shower stalls, easy-open slap-latch doorknobs and faucet handles, strategically placed railings and lighting, and energy-efficient lighting, appliances, and heating/cooling systems.
- Onsite laundry facilities
- Onsite superintendent
- Garden space
- Proximity to mass transportation routes, services and retail
- Elevator (one in each building)
- Privately owned van and handicap accessible bus to transport residents to local service points for medical and benefit services
- 24/7 front desk staff
Case management services available for residents receiving rental subsidy, including but not limited to:
- Self-advocacy support
- Medication management and training by an onsite Licensed Practical Nurse
- Daily living skills training
- Skill development support
- Socialization activities
LANDMARK PLACE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- WHERE IS IT LOCATED?
300 Flatbush Avenue, Kingston NY, 12401
- ARE THERE AGE RESTRICTIONS?
Yes! All members of the household must be 55 years of age or older.
- ARE THERE INCOME LIMITS?
Yes. To be eligible for units without rental subsidy your Annual Maximum
Income must not exceed $35,160 for one person and $40,200 for a couple.
To be eligible for units with rental subsidy your Annual Maximum Income must not exceed $29,300 for one person and $33,500 for a couple.
- HOW MUCH ARE THE RENTS? Rents for apartments without rental subsidy range from $730 – $938
- WHAT IS INCLUDED IN MY RENT? Rents includes heat, hot water, electricity, water, sewer, trash removal, and snow removal.
- WHEN IS THE APPLICATION DEADLINE?
May 23 to be considered for our initial occupancy lottery. Applications received after will be placed on our wait list.
Rents for apartments without rental subsidy range from $730 – $938
- ARE THERE ELEVATORS IN BOTH BUILDINGS?
- ARE THERE LAUNDRY FACILITIES IN EACH BUILDING?
Yes, tenant-paid laundry is available at both locations.
- ARE GROCERY STORES NEARBY?
Landmark Place is conveniently located on a main bus route. A pharmacy and gas station with small grocery sections are within walking distance.
- WHAT AMENITIES ARE AVAILABLE?
Landmark Place was designed with seniors in mind. Daily life is made easier with features like step-in showers, easy to open doorknobs and strategically placed railings. Other amenities include:
– Onsite laundry facilities
– Onsite superintendent
– Garden space
– Proximity to mass transportation routes, services and retail
– Elevator (one in each building)
– Privately owned van and handicap accessible bus to transport residents to local service points for medical and benefit services
– 24/7 front desk staff
- ARE PETS ALLOWED?
Yes! One pet limit. Breed and size restrictions apply.
- IS SMOKING ALLOWED?
Landmark Place is a smoke free property.
- WHEN COULD I MOVE IN?
RUPCO expects several units to be available for occupancy as soon as August 2021.
- WHAT IS A RENTAL SUBSIDY?
Landmark Place was awarded an Empire State Supportive Housing Initiative (ESSHI) grant through the NYS Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance, in which residents receiving rental subsidy would only pay 30% of their income towards rent. The ESSHI program pays the balance.
- WHAT CASE MANAGEMENT SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE TO RESIDENTS RECEIVING RENTAL SUBSIDIES?
We believe that access to support services increases residents’ physical and mental health. The case management services preformed by RUPCO include, but are not limited to:
– Self-advocacy support
– Medication management and training by an onsite Licensed Practical Nurse
– Onsite Behavioral Health Specialist
– Daily living skills training
– Skill development support
– Socialization activities
Kingston holds a rich history of caring for its poor, dating back to the Dutch Colonies. Landmark Place West was originally constructed (circa 1870) as the Kingston Almshouse - the first publicly funded civic project of the newly formed City of Kingston. Our forefathers believed the most critical first building they could construct would be a place to care for the most vulnerable. Landmark Place preserves the physical heritage of the site and maintains the historical narrative.