Big projects demand big celebrations.
That’s why we’re excited to share with you the grand opening celebration, The Lace Mill Block Party. For the last year-plus, we’ve been transforming the century-old Lace Curtain Factory into The Lace Mill, Where Artists Live. Come see what we’ve been up to and what your new neighbors are all about. RSVP here.
WHAT’s HAPPENING? Lots, bring a friend, your appetite, and your curiousity.
WHEN: Friday, August 14
TIME: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
WHERE: 165 Cornell Street, Kingston
WHO’s INVITED? You are! Friend, family, coworkers, neighbors.
- Ribbon-cutting ceremony at 1 p.m.
- Self-guided Open House Tours of The Lace Mill
- Cyanotype-art “lace curtain” installation by JWBailey Middle School students and Art Instructor Patricia Tyroll
- Historical timeline and photos of The Lace Mill
- Performance Tent featuring
- Barbara Strnad, bellydancer
- Tomasine Oliphant, Lace Mill resident-artist Latin dancer
- Danny Silversmith
- Vince Fisher
- Sheila Dee & the Dazzlers
- Lace Mill resident-artist Emily Vail and her swing dancing friends
- Food trucks and yummy local tastes from My Lucky Noodles, Just Good Eats, Pippy’s Hot Dog Truck, Twisted Jeanne’s Pretzels, Tony’s Grilled Pizza, Monkey Joe’s
- Resident-Artist showcase
- Meet-Your-Neighbor Ball Pit
- Kingston Sculpture Biennial 2015
We’re planning a big party to welcome 55 new households to the Midtown Kingston neighborhood. How better than to have a Block Party ~ Join us for the festivities! Let us know you’re coming by checking here.
Be a part of this historic event. Limited sponsorships are available. Simply contact Tara Collins (845) 331-2140, ext. 210.
Sponsor Levels: Premier $5000 | Corporate $2500 Lighthouse Solar & M&T Bank | Good Neighbor $1000 National Equity Fund | Business $500 | Locals Only $250 SUNY Ulster | Hey Neighbor $100
Last updated 8/7/15