The Program Services Supervisor (PSS) manages a team of 4 to 8 Case Managers and other related staff. The PSS is responsible for planning, coordinating, and monitoring the case load, benchmarks, case files, and any funding compliances for each of their assigned direct reports. As needed, the PSS will provide consultation and coaching to Case Management staff who are managing the needs of their clients. These needs may include but are not limited to: housing, education, substance abuse, career development, mental health, nutrition, transportation, entitlements, and any other assistance that may help with retaining their home.
The primary goal of the Program Services Supervisor is to address issues that relate to the clients ability to remain successfully housed. All work will be done in a manner that maintains a program culture that is client-centered, outcome-oriented, and dedicated to continuous improvement of quality of life for our clients.
- Implementation and development of programs, methods and procedures to provide quality service and referrals to ensure housing stability
- Provide direction to case management staff to keep them focused on meeting benchmarks and assisting clients with a wide variety of issues and needs
- Provide one-on-one direct case management as needed or required
- Management and supervision of work flow, problem solving, training and other activities necessary to achieve optimum program results and meet compliance requirements
- Creation of educational, wellness, vocational and social activities for tenant’s in RUPCO owned properties as indicated in grant or contract narratives. Additional activities as budget allows
- Management and implementation of all grants and contracts that are received by RUPCO that contain a support services component. Execute agreements, obligations and compliances for all services related awards as outlined and instructed by funding agencies.
- Development of referral network. Creation and maintenance of computer database, forms and other written materials for program services. Make referrals and coordinate care plans with other service providers as needed.
- Accurate record retention for program participants and grant funding requirements
- Preparation and timely submission of required reports for internal RUPCO management and as well grant funders and regulatory agencies.
- Assist with searching grants and funding opportunities that can provide for the growth of the Support Services Department.
- Liaison with community partners and human services organizations. Attend meetings and trainings as needed or as applicable. Provide reports and presentations to community partners to further the agency mission and to spread the word about the programs and resources that RUPCO has to offer.
- Liaison for the emergency and rental assistance advisory council with responsibilities of scheduling bi-monthly meetings and keeping minutes.
- Responsible to ensure confidentiality of all clients files within the department.
- Responsible for follow-up to assure all data entry related to case management of clients is being entered into all applicable data bases.
- Responsible to oversee that adequate monthly contacts are being made with clients by department staff and that input into all applicable data bases is being completed.
- Responsible for timely return of phone calls as well as other follow up with clients and providers.
- Some flexibility to work hours as business necessitates primarily to provide adequate supervision of staff, adhere to deadlines related to reporting, and to complete special projects as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience:
- BS degree in human service related field required
- Master’s degree in Social Work is helpful
- 3+ years of Case Management Experience
- 3+ years of Supervisory Experience necessary
- Must have good communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse groups
- Must have patience, tolerance, compassion and ability to reach clients on a level that they can understand
- Computer literacy and data base experience in Excel and Access helpful
- Must have current driver’s license and reliable vehicle for travel
Please submit notice of interest for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis untilthe position is filled.