This position was filled as of March 2016. Submit a letter of intent and resume/qualifications to Sheila Kilpatrick, Vice President of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org through close of business Friday, February 12. Please hand-deliver resumes to 289 Fair Street, Kingston, NY 12401.
Overview: The Property Management Assistant provides administrative and clerical support for RUPCO’s Property Management Department. The Property Management Assistant reports directly to the Property Management Supervisor. This is a full-time, exempt position. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support for the Property Management Supervisor, Property Managers (2) and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Answer incoming phone calls and direct to appropriate staff.
- Greet visitors and tenants.
- Assist Property Management staff in preparing leases and other correspondence.
- Gain knowledge on general property management duties to be able to take on full responsibility for a few properties as determined by the Property Management Supervisor.
- Schedule meetings between staff and tenants, as needed.
- Order office supplies and replenish as needed.
- Update vacancy listing on a daily basis for all RUPCO managed units.
- Complete new applicant entry into database. Send letters acknowledging receipt of application.
- Maintain Wait Lists for all properties.
- Maintain tenant files.
- Receive, enter, communicate and follow up on all Maintenance Requests.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience: Must have high school diploma or equivalent and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to work independently. Must be proficient in computer use. Prior clerical experience required.
Position details: Salary $26k-$30k. Generous benefit package, 13 paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time. Office hours Monday through Friday, 8:30a-4:30p, 35-hour work week with one hour for lunch.