This position was filled as of February 1, 2016.
The Property Manager assists with the day-to-day operations for all RUPCO owned and managed properties. Responsibilities include tenant leasing, resident relations, file management, income certification, preparation of management reports and property inspections. The Property Manager reports to the Property Management Supervisor. This is a full-time, exempt position. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and maintain files for property information that provides information on buildings, taxes, utilities, contracts, vendors, emergency procedures, tenants and insurance.
- Review rent receivables monthly and resolve issues with tenants and finance department.
- Inspect properties as required.
- Assist in management of rental and for-sale units to include marketing, lease-up, sale, rent and arrears collection and eviction process.
- Assist Property Management Supervisor to maintain high-quality standards with respect to occupancy and other property management indicators.
- Process all required reports and maintain files for Property Management Department as required.
- Provide input and assist with grant writing and research for asset/ property management.
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state and local regulations and other mandated guidelines and policies relevant to property management and operations including safety and quality assurance as directed by supervisor.
- Provide ‘on-call’ weekend and holiday coverage as scheduled.
- Attend required conferences and trainings.
- Obtain ‘Tax Credit Compliance’ certification.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Requirements: Strong organizational and communication skills, computer proficiency, property management experience, own vehicle and valid license required. Must have ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, effective interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse groups, ability to organize, work independently, negotiate and problem solve.
Desired: Must have knowledge of EEOC, Fair Housing, OSHA, ADA and other applicable public laws.
Experience/Education: Five years property or real estate experience, two-year degree, and LIHTC certification preferred.
Please submit notification of interest in this position by NOON on Friday January 29, 2016.