Full time – 35 hour work week
Date Posted 5/5/2021
The Property Manager is responsible for completing assigned work and assisting with the day-to-day operations for all RUPCO owned or managed properties.
- Answer incoming phone calls and greet visitors and tenants.
- Travel to apartment sites as assigned or assist co-workers at other properties as needed to conduct RUPCO work (Ulster, Greene and Orange counties)
- Management of rental units to include marketing, lease-up, rent and arrears collections, eviction process and apartment inspections. Maintain tenant files in accordance to RUPCO procedures
- Prepare and maintain files for property information that provides data on buildings, taxes, utilities, contracts, vendors, emergency procedures, tenants and property insurance.
- Review rent receivables monthly and resolve any issues with tenants and finance department
- Respond to tenant issues and work toward resolution for conflicts that arise
- Act as a liaison to RUPCO resident services staff and assist with identifying potential necessities of the special needs residents. Provide referral information to tenants for services and supports from community agencies.
- Provide training to tenants related to emergency and safety situations.
- Enter and communicate all maintenance requests received
- Provide input to the annual budget process as required.
- Make purchases for properties and department in accordance with RUPCO procurement policy.
- Help to maintain high quality standards with respect to occupancy and other property
- Process all required reports for Property Management department.
- Provide input and assist with narrative, research and stats for grant writing, related to the area of property management.
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state and local regulations and other mandated guidelines and policies relevant to property management and operations including safety and quality assurance as directed by supervisor.
- Prepare and send files for audits
- Provide ‘on-call’ weekend and holiday coverage as needed
- Attend required conferences and trainings as required or requested.
- Obtain or maintain ‘Tax Credit Compliance’ certification. (LIHTC)
· High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
· Real Estate License is preferred.
· Must have Driver License and car along with satisfactory driving history and appropriate car insurance
· 3 years of property management, leasing or real estate experience desired.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Effective interpersonal skills. Ability to work with diverse and difficult populations
· Conflict resolution skills
· Ability to organize, work independently, negotiate, and problem solve.
· Compassion and tolerance for people with physical disabilities, addictions and mental illness
· Good customer service and people skills
· Knowledge of EEOC, Fair Housing, OSHA, ADA and other applicable public laws. Computer literacy including
WORD and Excel programs
After carefully reading the duties and requirements of this position, if you feel you are qualified and interested in being considered, please submit a letter detailing your experience/education to Tasyka DeRosalia at email@example.com