For a limited time, RUPCO is offering available funds for emergency home repairs through the NYS Housing Trust Fund Corporation (HFTC) RESTORE Program. RUPCO plans to help seven or more senior homeowners in Ulster County with emergency repair funding up to $10,000 including program fees.
Funding Availability: Not all eligible applicants will be selected. If demand exceeds funding availability, those with most feasible and highest need projects will be selected first.
Basic program requirements:
- Must own and reside in a home in Ulster County
- Must be up to date with mortgage, tax payments and have Homeowners Insurance
- Household total gross income at or below the 80% Area Medium Income limits for Ulster County
- Must have an approved emergency repair need that is within budget
- Dwelling must not have other major repair issues
- Project must be able to complete within 30 days by a qualified contractor.
- The homeowner must be 60 years of age or older
- Property Maintenance Declaration form filed
- Owners must live in the home for 3 years after service
- Homeowners to supply 2 estimates from local contractors
Typical Emergency repairs or replacement covered:
- Failing water heaters, well pumps, pressure tanks, supply lines, septic tanks, fields, drains
- Accessibility improvements such as wheelchair ramps, lifts etc.
- Leaking plumbing, Leaking roofs and failing heating systems
- Electrical safety issues, Broken steps, landings, railings
- Other emergency health and safety issues
Annual gross income limit for household size
|1 person||2 people||3 people||4 people||5 people||6 people||7 people|
For more information or to apply today, contact Sally Dolan 845-331-9860 ext. 227
Program funding is provided based on eligibility, funding availability and project feasibility. Other restrictions and conditions may apply. Funding provided through the NYS Housing Trust Fund Corporation.