RUPCO can connect homebuyers with SONYMA’s Neighborhood Revitalization Program, a package of incentives to help owner‐occupant homebuyers purchase and renovate vacant homes in Kingston, Middletown, and Newburgh.
- Up to $20,000 cash assistance to renovate a purchased home
- Access to financing for additional improvements in your purchase mortgage for post-closing property rehabilitation
- NRP can be combined with other grants and assistance programs, maximizing your ability to make your new home safe, secure and energy efficient
- SONYMA’s 30-year, low interest, no “Borrower Points” down payment assistance is arranged through select banks (M&T Bank, Ulster Savings Bank, Mid-Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union)
- Vacant* properties in designated areas capable of housing 1 to 4 families
- The seller must be able to pass a clean title to the purchaser
*No one is living at the address. The property does not have to be abandoned to qualify
- The applicant must occupy the property as the primary residence
- Eligibility is determined by income limits up to 125% of Area Median Income (which varies by county) or 150% on a case‐by‐case basis
- Applicant must have good credit, stable employment, and the ability to make monthly mortgage payments
RUPCO staff are ready to assist you with purchasing a qualified home located in one of the eligible communities of Kingston, Middletown, Newburgh. For assistance in Middletown and Newburgh, call (845) 713-4568; for assistance in Kingston, call (845) 331-9860.