Overview: RUPCO is seeking a dedicated and self-motivated staff accountant to join its team.
Responsibilities: The position is responsible for assisting with the daily accounting functions that include, but are not limited to processing A/P and A/R billings, bank reconciliations, making deposits, posting journal entries and some grant required reporting. In addition, this position is also responsible for HR functions such as payroll processing, maintaining employee records, new employee orientations, and administering the pension and medical plans. This individual will also be responsible for quarterly unemployment insurance reports and garnishments and levy submissions.
This full time position will report directly to the CFO but will work closely with the Accounting Administrator to handle the day-to-date operations while also ensuring that internal control policies are adhered to.
- An Associate’s degree in Accounting and 3-5 years of accounting experience preferred. A minimum of 3 years of experience with responsibility for time and attendance; plus payroll processing and administration. Nonprofit experience would be a plus, but not required.
- Successful candidates must have a working knowledge of payroll and accounting practices and principles. This includes knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws.
- Proficient with MS Office. Experience with Quickbooks is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to work in a team environment and have good communication skills – verbal, over the phone and written.
- Able to work with all levels of management.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience. Applicants must include salary requirements with resume.
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume with salary requirement by October 24th to: email@example.com
Send cover letter and resume to:
289 Fair St.
Kingston NY 12401
Attn: F. Paulo