This position has been filled as of March 28, 2016.
RUPCO is looking for a Homeownership Preservation Counselor for its affiliate office, RDAC in Walden, NY. This is a 6-month temporary position through September 30, but has extension potential pending grant funding.
- Handle individual counseling for homeowners facing foreclosure or in default with their mortgage
- Provide budget, credit, pre-purchase and post-purchase education for clients
- Coordinate and facilitate public education and outreach
- Prepare and maintain counseling files
- Produce reports as assigned
The Homeownership Preservation Counselor must have or be willing to achieve and maintain certifications in housing counseling including, but not limited to, fair housing, lending, foreclosure prevention and homebuyer education.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience providing housing counseling services with not-for-profit housing agency or related working knowledge of housing programs
- Knowledge in purchasing, banking, legal, personal money management or real estate preferred
- Must have strong planning and organizational skills
- Must possess effective communication skills, computer literacy (specifically with databases), and strong writing skills
- Must be willing to travel, attend off-site trainings and have a valid driver’s license
- Must be open-minded to recognize customer uniqueness
- Have empathy for each individual situation
- Be able to provide guidance as opposed to demands to clients
- Be able to get along with co-workers in a small office working environment
- Have the ability to project a smile over the phone
Salary: Low to Mid 30’s based upon experience, benefits included
Deadline: Please submit notification of interest to [email protected] by NOON, Wednesday, March 9, 2016.