The Ulster County COVID-19 Rental Assistance program provides emergency rental assistance payment(s) for up to three (3) months for a maximum of $3,000.
+Emergency Help in Ulster County
Ulster County has announced Project Resilience, a community fund and local food distribution effort to support residents impacted by COVID-19. The County has secured over $2 million in funding, and will utilize UCAT and partner with non-profits and municipalities to deliver meals to local distribution centers. This new initiative will help residents in need and simultaneously provide support to small businesses. Ulster County is partnering with United Way and many other area organizations and businesses to mobilize food and services. https://ulstercountyny.gov/projectresilience.
- Ulster County Residents: REQUEST for Food Assistance (English)
- Residentes del condado de Ulster: Solicitud de asistencia alimentaria (Español)
Kingston Food Security Hotline
For those within the Kingston City School District call (888) 316-0879 at any time to receive meals and groceries.
Kingston School District Meals
KCSD will provide families with free to-go breakfast and lunches Monday-Friday from 11am-1pm. They will be distributing these meals at John F. Kennedy Elementary School and J. Watson Bailey Middle School. Students who attend any KCSD school are welcome to stop by either of these two locations for breakfast and lunch items. You may walk or use the drive-through curb side service.
KCSD Food Distribution Sites are being expanded again! To better serve the extended community, they will be offering the breakfast & lunch Go-Bags at the following locations and times:
Mondays – Fridays from 10:00am – 10:45am at:
- J. Watson Bailey Middle School
- John F. Kennedy Elementary School
- George Washington Elementary School
Mondays – Fridays from 11:15am – 12:00pm at:
- Meagher Administrative Building
- Sawkill Manufactured Trailer Park (Sawkill Rd.)
- Corner of Downs St. & Bruyn Ave. in Kingston
Mondays – Fridays from 12:30pm – 1:15pm at:
- Robert Graves Elementary School
- M. C. Miller Middle School
- Stuyvesant Charter Apartments
*If you cannot make it to a food pick-up distribution location, please call the KCSD Food Hotline: 845-943-3938
Kingston Emergency Food Collaborative
Prepared, microwave-ready meals are available for pick-up and delivery on weekdays for lunch and dinner. Call the Kingston Emergency Food Collaborative hotline for information about delivery and where to pick-up.
Ulster Community Action
– Kingston office: 70 Lindsley Ave.
845-338-8750 – Open Mon-Fri 8am-4pm
Mole Mole Restaurant –
Providing Free bagged lunches for students. Available Tues-Fri 1-3pm
Ulster County Residents:
Family of Woodstock/YMCA Meals
Prepared, microwave-ready meals are available for pick-up and delivery on weekdays for lunch and dinner. Call or text the Family of Woodstock 24/7 hotline for information about delivery and where to pick-up: (845) 679-2485
For those in need of food support on the weekdays, People’s Place is offering the following services:
- The Community Cafe will be open from 8:30 am to 1 pm offering take out Continental breakfast and sandwiches for lunch.
- The Food Pantry will operate in a modified version at regular hours (10 am to 1 pm Monday through Friday and Wednesday evening from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm)
- The Bag Student Hunger Program which offers breakfast, lunch and snack items for school age children will begin on Monday, March 16 and run until school resumes. Distribution will follow the food pantry hours.
For more information please call 845-338-4030 or visit the People’s Place Facebook Page.
Offering prepared lunch, pre-bagged groceries to anyone in need
M-F, 12 location: 35 Cedar St, Kingston (845) 331-1803 you do not need to call ahead.
Ulster County residents outside of Kingston should check with their local food pantry https://www.ulstercorps.org/agencies/food-pantries/, or school district for meals for students.
A map of all the food pantries in Ulster County can be found on the UlsterCorps website which Includes UCAT schedules.
The Table at Woodstock is offering meal and grocery pickup for Onteora School District residents in front of the Woodstock Reform Church on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from 4-6 pm (or until they run out). Seniors and individuals in self-quarantine qualify for meal delivery. Those in need can contact [email protected] or message through Facebook.
Town of Woodstock residents are encouraged to register via the Town Supervisor’s Office for delivery, grocery boxes, and check-in calls. Volunteers and donations of funds or Hannaford gift cards are needed.
Community Action of Greene County NY – https://cagcny.org/
Corona Virus Resources in Orange County http://www.ouboces.org/Information.cfm?subpage=5179
LODGER At 188 Liberty Street in Newburgh is preparing and distributing 200 school-lunch-replacement meals for free Mondays through Wednesdays, from 10am to 1pm. Their staff are driving deliveries, and their efforts are being supported through donations from neighbors and local businesses.
+HVNY List of Farmers Markets and Food Pantries
+USDA Federal Resource Guide:
+Farmers and Ranchers USDA’s COVID-19 Food Assistance Program
Agricultural producers can now apply for USDA’s Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP), which provides direct payments to offset impacts from the coronavirus pandemic. The application and a payment calculator are now available online, and USDA’s Farm Service Agency (FSA) staff members are available via phone, fax and online tools to help producers complete applications. The agency set up a call center in order to simplify how they serve new customers across the nation.
Applications will be accepted through August 28, 2020. Through CFAP, USDA is making available $16 billion for vital financial assistance to producers of agricultural commodities who have suffered a five-percent-or-greater price decline due to COVID-19 and face additional significant marketing costs as a result of lower demand, surplus production, and disruptions to shipping patterns and the orderly marketing of commodities.
Producers can download the CFAP application and other eligibility forms from farmers.gov/cfap.
NY State of Health and New York State Department of Financial Services Announce Special Enrollment Period for Uninsured New Yorkers, as Novel Coronavirus Cases Climb
.Go to NYStateofHealth.ny.gov/.
+Mental Health/Substance Use Help
Governor Cuomo’s FREE Mental Health Hotline: 844.863.9314
SAMAHDI 27/7 Peer Hotline:
Kingston Frontline, Hotline providing free, confidential mental health services for Essential workers
O+ and Samadhi have launched Kingston Frontline, providing free, confidential mental health services for everyone who is essential, including healthcare, custodial, delivery, mail, transportation, farm, grocery, municipal, utility +domestic workers – also for the community organizers +volunteers who are keeping their neighbors fed + connecting them to vital services +housing. Essential workers can call 1-844-4FRTLN (1-844-437-6856) — to speak with a trained responder, who will connect them to appropriate resources, including licensed clinical therapists +support groups.
Headspace Meditation + Mindfullness Resources Free for NYers
Hudson Valley Vets Peer Support Hotline
Veterans and Families of, a Peer-Support Hotline along with video conferencing is offered to meet needs during this difficult time. These peer support specialists have been in the military and understand the rigors of the military and military family life. Peer-Support Specialists aim to provide a “first contact resolution” by ensuring that your needs are addressed.
+Ulster County COVID-19 Social Services Resources
The county’s webpage includes information on the Emergency HEAP Benefit. Questions regarding the HEAP program and other Social Services can be directed to the Ulster County Department of Social Services at 845-334-5436.
+New York State and National Domestic Violence Hotline numbers are:
- New York State Domestic Violence 24 Hour Hotline (English & español/Multi-language accessibility): 1-800-942-6906 or 711 for Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- National Domestic Violence 24 Hour Hotline 1-800-799-7233 or 1-800-787-3224 (TTY)
- National Deaf Hotline Videophone 9am-5pm M-F 1-855-812-1001 or [email protected]
+Ulster County Crime Victims 24/7 Assistance Hotline
Domestic violence, assault, rape, elder abuse, cyber abuse, Human trafficking.
+Groceries/Pharmacies with Senior Shopping Hours, Delivery and Pickup
To assist all Seniors and those otherwise vulnerable, the Jewish Federation of Ulster County has compiled a comprehensive document of Please note that these hours and services are fluid and may change as the stores respond and adapt to the COVID-19 pandemic:
+Kingston Restaurants Offering Online Ordering and Curbside Pick-Up/Delivery for Groceries
- Boitson’s – https://www.opendining.net/menu/5e876b984f5ee97a537b23da#ordering-for-prompt
- PAKT – Pre orders only via direct message to @paktkingston on Facebook, Instagram or Messenger – menu posted weekly.
- Lola’s – https://lola-pizza.myshopify.com/
- Lunch Nightly – https://www.lunchnightly.com/
- Village Coffee and Goods – https://village-coffee-and-goods.square.site/
+HERZOG Home Center Offering Curbside Pick-Up (hardware)
+Hudson Valley Currents Digital Resistance Market
+Companies Hiring in and around Kingston/Ulster County
- Shoprite in Kingston: https://www.indeed.com/q-Shoprite-l-Kingston,-NY-jobs.html
- The Arc Mid Hudson: https://www.arcmh.org/careers/jobs/
- TOPS Supermarkets: https://www.topsmarkets.com/careers
- Hannaford Supermarkets: https://bit.ly/2Js49d6
- Hudson Valley Help Wanted: https://regionalhelpwanted.com/hudson-valley/job-search/?q=kingston&category=
Please refer to the Ulster County COVID-19 Mobile page for the testing process procedures as well as important phone numbers.
+United Way of Ulster County
Offers a comprehensive guide to health and human services offered in Ulster County and beyond. 845-331-4199
Hudson Valley Region Hotline: dial 211.
+Childcare for Essential Workers
Childcare for Toddlers and Infants: Call Childcare Connections: 845-331-7080
Emergency Childcare Service for Essential Workers: The YMCA of Kingston and Ulster County provides childcare for first responders, emergency personnel and essential workers who do not have the option to work from home. Childcare locations:
- Ellenville Elementary School – 28 Maple Avenue, Ellenville
- Marbletown Elementary School – 12 Pine Bush Road, Stone Ridge
- New Paltz (Lenape Elementary School) – 1 Eugene L Brown Drive, New Paltz
- Kingston YMCA – 507 Broadway, Kingston (Pine Grove Entrance)
- Hours: 8 am – 4 pm. Please pack a lunch plus two snacks and a coat for outdoors.
- Registration is required and offered online or call 845-338-3810 x112 or email [email protected]
+Restaurant Workers COVID-19 Relief Fund
+Service Worker Fund Listing
+ TheSecretCity Guide to Resources for Artists
+COVID-19 Freelance Artist Resources
+WAAM Woodstock NY Artists COVID-19 Resources
+Arts MidHudson COVID-19 Resources
+Sweet Relief Fund for career musicians facing illness, disability, or age-related problems
+COVID-19 Scam Alerts:
+Price Gouging Reporting
New Yorkers are urged to call 1-800-697-1220 or complete the consumer complaint form to report unfair price increases of products such as household cleaning supplies and hand sanitizer amid the COVID-19 outbreak. File a Complaint.
+Immigration Services Portal
+Resources for Tenants and Landlords
+The COVID-19 Tenant Protection Unit of Ulster County
.The COVID-19 Tenant Protection Unit, staffed by members of the Ulster County Public Defender’s Office, will assure that tenants’ rights are being protected through Governor Andrew Cuomo “New York on Pause” order, which put all commercial or residential eviction under a 90-day moratorium.
To make a tenant complaint, please visit: covid19.ulstercountyny.gov/covid-19-tenants-protection-unit-form/
+Housing and Community Renewal (HCR) COVID-19 Helpful Links and FAQs
+Small Business Administration Payroll Protection Program
+Parks and Recreation
The Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation (State Parks) and the State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) encourage New Yorkers to recreate locally, practice social distancing, and use common sense to protect themselves and others. [Visit Website]
- Kaaterskill Falls: The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) announced the temporary closure of Kaaterskill Falls, the viewing platform, and connecting trails beginning Monday, April 6. The Kaaterskill Wild Forest will remain open to the public. The closure of the Kaaterskill Falls site is part of DEC’s statewide efforts to reduce the community spread of COVID-19 by encouraging New Yorkers to safely and responsibly recreate locally.
+Call for Donations/Volunteers
+Assemblymember Brian Cahill’s COVID-19 FAQs
- Health Insurance FAQs
- FAQ Regarding All Insurance Type Coverage Amid the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Frequently Asked Questions About Unemployment Insurance
- Frequently Asked Questions about The Federal COVID-19 Stimulus Bill
- Frequently Asked Questions About Immigration Amid COVID-19
- Frequently Asked Questions About Community Resources During the COVID-19 Emergency
+Office of US Congressman Antonio Delgado
State Senator Jen Metzger’s COVID-19 Resource Guide
+The Kingston Land Trust Land Matching Portal
The Land Matching Portal is a webpage where folks can find land in their neighborhood to use for free to grow food on.
More information can be found at the Ulster County Dept of Health website under Community Resources. https://ulstercountyny.gov/coronavirus
Kingston School District
A partir del Miercoles Marzo 18, (KCSD) el distrito escolar de la ciudad de Kingston proporcionará familias con desayuno y almuerzo para llevar gratis de Lunes a Viernes de 11am-1pm. Van a distribuir estas comidas en la escuela primaria de John F.Kennedy y la escuela secundaria de Jay Watson Bailey. Todo estudiante que asiste en cualquier escuela del distrito de Kingston estan bienvenidos a venir a cualquiera de esto dos locales para recoger productos de desayuno y almuerzo. Pueden caminar ó manejar al servicio de la curva de la acera.
Comidas listas para comer
Comidas listas para comer o que se prepara usando la microondas Listas para recoger y entregadas durante la semana para almuerzos y cenas. Para mas información sobre la localización de la entrega de la comida, pueden llamar ó dejar un mensaje por texto a la line directa de Family of Woodstock abierto 24 horas todos los día: (845) 679-2485.
Para aquellos que necesitan ayuda alimentaria durante la semana, People to People está ofreciendo los siguientes servicios:
- The Community Café abierto de 8:30am-1pm está ofreciendo comida para llevar:desayuno continental y sandwiches para el almuerzo.
- La Despensa de Alimentos operará en una manera modificada a horas regulares (10 am -1 pm Lunes a Viernes y Miércoles en la noche de 5:30 pm a 7:30 pm).
- El Bag Student Hunger Program (El programa de la bolsa de ambre estudiantil) ofrece desayuno, almuerzo y meriendas para niños de edad escolar. Comienza Lunes Marzo 16 hasta que las esculas vuelvan a abrir. La distribución seguirá las horas de La Despensa de Alimentos.
Para mas información, por favor llame 845-338-4030 ó visite la página de People’s Place en Facebook.
Kingston se enfrenta a desafíos económicos sin precedentes a raíz de la pandemia de COVID-19 y muchos de nuestros vecinos se encontrarán en lugares de dificultades verdaderas en las próximas semanas y meses. Para ayudar a aliviar algo de este estrés, Radio Kingston’s Community Fund está ofreciendo una mayor capacidad para apoyar a los Kingstonianos durante este momento de gran interrupción.
Residentes dentro del Distrito Escolar de la Ciudad de Kingston que necesiten asistencia financiera podrán por una vez recibir apoyo financiero por única vez a través del Fondo Comunitario. La información para el fondo será a través de Family of Woodstock por teléfono y por mensaje electrónico. Las solicitudes de asistencia comenzarán a procesarse el lunes 23 de marzo. Para mas información visit: radiokingston.org/community-fund
Este es un momento para apoyar nuestro bienestar colectivo y ayudarnos mutuamente a navegar juntos por el camino. Necesitamos su ayuda para satisfacer las necesidades de nuestra comunidad. Por favor considere donar al Fondo de la Comunidad para que este recurso siga fluyendo: bit.ly/knycommunityfund