Harold Renzo, long-time resident at The Stuyvesant, has been a supportive neighbor, voice for those unable to speak, and a community icon known for his friendliness and determination. RUPCO honored Harold at Community Lunch on November 9, 2017 for his courage, inspiration and indomitable spirit with our first-ever Community Inspiration Award.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED AS OF MAY 27, 2016: The Night Office Superintendent is responsible for tenant safety and security after regular business hours at The Stuyvesant building, 289 Fair Street, Kingston. This job is designed to help reduce incidence of emergency services and provide on-site crisis intervention after hours. The position will be supervised by Resident Services Manager. This full-time position has duties which may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide an commanding presence to visitors and tenants entering and exiting the building
- Provide building security and monitoring. Pay close attention to any “questionable or unwanted” visitors to the building after regular business hours
- Provide additional observation time beyond traditional business hours related to the comings and goings of tenants.
Provide informal interaction and engage in communication with the tenants
- Tenant interaction may include but should not be limited to:
• Tenant outreach to pass along information directly from day staff (Services or Property Management)
• Basic service referrals for tenants or warm handoffs to other support agencies
• Crisis intervention and diversion for tenants
• Wellness checks on tenants
• Safety and security with visitors entering the building
- Attend to emergency lock-outs while on duty to avoid Maintenance Staff having to respond.
- Establish a rapport with EMS, Fire and Police that respond to the Stuyvesant building. Provide a greeting and an escort to the unit in which they are responding to. Complete an incident report and leave for Program Services Supervisor to provide follow up on the next business day.
- Responsible for logging observation of tenant and visitor traffic through lobby area. Communication must be shared with day staff regarding sightings of concern or those deemed out of the ordinary
- Receive & communicate non-emergency maintenance requests to the Property Managers
- Additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience:
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently
- Have a strong work ethic
- Proficient in computer use
- Must be caring, compassionate but at the same time able to establish a strong presence to enforce policies related to the safety and security of the building
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse individuals
- This is an AWAKE and INDEPENDENT evening position
- Full time position, 35-hour work week
- Hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 4pm to Midnight
- Generous benefit package includes vacation, personal and sick time; paid holidays; company-paid health benefits; 403b Retirement Savings Plan with company match. Salary in low to mid $30k, negotiable based upon experience
- The Stuyvesant is located at 289 Fair Street, Kingston, NY
To Apply: RUPCO welcomes and encourages diversity in its workforce and all individuals are encouraged to apply. RUPCO is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Please submit cover letter including salary history and resume highlighting relevant experience by noon on Tuesday, May 3, 2016 to:
Attn: Sheila Kilpatrick, Vice President of Operations
289 Fair Street
Kingston, NY 12401