Building Maintenance Custodian
Full time – 35 hour work week
Job Posting date: 7/28/2021
The Building Maintenance Custodian, under general supervision by the Facilities Manager, will perform a variety of custodial duties to maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of the assigned RUPCO owned properties to include offices, rental apartments and surrounding outdoor areas.
- Cleaning and dusting of floors, windows, carpets, counters, window/door frames, baseboards and walls
- Take out trash in all offices, conference rooms, break rooms, kitchens, bathrooms and common areas
- Maintain all entrances, hallways, stairs, elevators and common areas in assigned buildings
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms on a regular (in some cases daily) basis. Ensure that paper towels, soap, toilet paper and other necessary items are available.
- Restock supplies in break rooms, kitchens and common areas
- Maintain cleanliness of custodial/maintenance closets at all properties
- Help to set up and break down for events or meetings
- Assist with apartment turnovers as needed
- May be expected to make minor repairs as part of daily routine (check/change lightbulbs, tighten screws, fix vacuum cleaner belts, replace dryer lint hoses, take down and clean light covers, plunge toilet, replace outlet plates, etc…)
- Painting, landscaping, snow shoveling and other small maintenance projects may be required from time to time
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as to follow all OSHA and RUPCO safety guidelines.
- Must be able to be part of a rotating on-call schedule for nights and weekends. On-call duties may include receiving phone calls and triaging tenant needs, traveling onsite to assist with tenant lock-outs, performing minor plumbing repairs, dispatching vendors to come to complete a repair if beyond area of expertise, as well as other duties.
- Maintain a positive and professional relationship with tenants and staff
- Other duties as assigned or as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Must be able to prioritize tasks
- Must have a high level of energy and able to multi-task when necessary
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Must be able to climb stairs and a ladder
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Must be organized and able to work independently without constant supervision
- Must have effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have basic knowledge of cleaning products
- Must have basic knowledge of cleaning equipment
- Must have six months or more of related experience
- Must have basic hand tools to complete minor repairs
- Must have valid driver’s license and driving record that meets RUPCO insurance underwriting standards.
- Must have reliable transportation to get between properties
- Must have personal phone for communication with supervisor
Please submit notice of interest for this position to Ken Brown, email@example.com