Live-In Building Superintendent – Landmark Place, Kingston, NY
Full time – 35 hour work week
Job Posting date 7/29/2021
The Live-In Superintendent reports directly to the Facilities Manager of RUPCO and is responsible for
managing the day-to-day maintenance of the housing development known as Landmark Place located in
Kingston, New York. The Live-In Superintendent plays a key role in protecting, cleaning and maintaining the
Owner’s buildings and ensuring the safety and comfort of its tenants. For many tenants, the Live-In
Superintendent is the Employer’s most visible representative. The Superintendent apartment is a 2-
bedroom unit. This is a full time, live in position with duties which may include, but are not limited to:
• Conduct daily cleaning duties both inside and outside, around the entire campus. Tasks will ensure:
common areas are clean and in good repair; emergency exits and fixtures are in working order; snow, garbage, and recycling is removed from designated areas; elevators, lobbies, walls, and windows are clean; and floors are maintained (i.e. swept, mopped, buffed, vacuumed, and cleaned). Conduct emergency repairs or services as needed.
• Manage and monitor grounds to ensure that they are properly and safely maintained. Conduct a walking tour around the campus on a regular basis (daily/weekly) to monitor aesthetics of tenant
areas and common spaces.
• Maintain grounds. This includes snow removal: plowing, clearing snow and ice from sidewalks and driveways. Overall landscaping: picking up trash, cutting grass, raking leaves and tending gardens,
weeding, planting, etc.
• Perform a wide variety of general maintenance tasks such as unclogging or snaking toilets, small areas of drywall repair, painting, appliance replacement, changing HVAC filters. Diagnose
mechanical, plumbing, electrical problems and to make repairs or be the liaison and manage vendor relations on various projects needed for work to be done outside of the scope of superintendent ability.
• Manage work order system to accomplish maintenance tasks. Accurate and timely completion of applicable reports (i.e. work orders, incident reports, etc.) Maintain maintenance files as required
• Serve as first responder to emergency calls from tenants and alarm company
• Act as a liaison to RUPCO Program Services staff and assist with identifying potential necessities of the special needs residents. Share information that can assist program services in providing
appropriate referral information to tenants for services and supports from community agencies.
• Assist in set-up and clean-up of periodic social events for the tenants in conjunction with the property manager.
• Maintain compliance with all federal, state and local regulations and other mandated guidelines and policies relevant to property management and operations including safety and quality assurance
• Provide On-call, after hours, and/or weekend duties as assigned
• Other general duties as designated
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
• 5 years’ hands-on janitorial and light maintenance or related experience required.
• Knowledge of maintenance operations in physical plant; ability to troubleshoot mechanical, plumbing, electrical problems and to make repairs; ability to maintain a detailed record keeping
system and to prepare correspondence relating to reports and inquiries
• Experience with operating landscape equipment helpful
• Effective communication & interpersonal skills
• Ability to work with diverse groups and to maintain harmonious relationships with supervisors, peers, subordinates and tenants
• Be trustworthy and have strong moral principles
• Demonstrate good judgment
• Physical condition that will permit activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting (must be able to frequently lift 20lbs and sometimes lift at least 50 pounds), bending, walking, climbing, pushing,
stooping, and working under adverse temperatures and/or weather conditions.
• Ability to organize, work independently, delegate, negotiate and problem solve.
• Must be caring, compassionate but at the same time able to establish a strong presence to enforce policies related to the safety and security of the residence community
• Have knowledge of or willing to learn EEOC, Fair Housing, OSHA, ADA and other applicable public laws.
• Computer literate.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Must have valid driver’s license.
• 2 bedroom apartment: Electricity, Heat and Hot water included.
• Access to company truck for work related tasks.
• Full time 35 hour work week
• Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holidays
• 403b Retirement Savings with employer match
• Insurance available: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, Accident, Illness, etc.
Please submit notice of interest for this position to Ken Brown firstname.lastname@example.org or Tasyka DeRosalia email@example.com