Real Estate Development Project Manager
Full time – 35+ hour work week
Job Posting date 7/15/21
Real Estate Development Project Manager will have 3 to 5 years of experience to process existing development pursuits and assist with new target opportunities. He/she/they will leverage their skills and experience in affordable housing best practices to take a significant leadership role in the creation of new housing for RUPCO’s growing portfolio. Must have experience and be technically proficient in aspects of affordable housing real estate development, including finance, grant writing, entitlement, design, construction, lease-up and operations.
Overview of Duties:
• Identifying acquisition opportunities, including evaluating over-all project feasibility.
• Researching, preparing and submitting funding and grant applications
• Securing acquisition, pre-development, construction and permanent financing
• Oversee the negotiation of major agreements and financing documents, including limited partnership
agreements, loan documents, construction contracts, architectural agreements, and property management
• Develop and underwrite pro forms, budget and project narratives, based on targeted audience, Real Estate development matrix, local need and other functions as needed.
• Coordinate with architect, engineer, landscape architects, interior designers, property owners, project managers, and other team members
• Negotiate and draft contract terms and scope with design consultants and contractors.
• Manage project time-line, ensuring milestones are met on time and within budget.
• Oversee the construction draw process and develop monthly project reports.
• Responsible for managing and executing project contracts in accordance with department and corporate requirements.
• Maintain compliance in all federal, state and local regulations and other mandated guidelines and polices request to Real Estate and Community Development, including safety and quality assurance.
• Manage files, provide reports and perform other administration tasks as needed.
Skills and Experience:
• A minimum of three to five years’ experience in community development, municipal governance and or affordable housing. Master’s Degree in Urban or Community Planning, Business or related field
• Experience and technically proficient in aspects of affordable housing real estate development, including finance, entitlement, design, construction, lease-up and operations.
• Ability to analyze complex data, perform sophisticated analysis and make appropriate recommendations and decisions. Experience with Excel and word processing software.
Experience with Project Management software a plus.
Skills and Experience continued:
• Experience in grant writing, entitlement process, public sector funding, public speaking and non-profit organizations. Excellent communication, team building spirit, interpersonal skills, and conflict resolution
• Ability to organize, work independently, delegate, negotiate, and problem solve. Must have a commitment to the mission of the organization and a passion for providing affordable homes and
support services to the area’s most vulnerable populations.
• Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
In the course of performing the job, this position typically spends time sitting, standing, climbing stairs, walking, driving, carrying (20lbs), and lifting (20lbs). Operating a computer keyboard, firm strong grasping, and repetitive hand control. Makes and received telephone calls. Use of general office equipment: copier, fax machine and scanner. Subjected to outside environmental conditions.
Please submit a cover letter and resume attention Kevin O’Connor, CEO and send to Maru Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org