YouthBuild Case Manager
Full time Newburgh, NY – 35 hour work week
Job Posting date: 10/6/21
This position reports directly to the YouthBuild Director. The YouthBuild Case Manager will be part of a team that will work collectively to create/implement an innovative program for youth in Newburgh. The Case Manager will provide supportive services to eligible youth seeking to achieve their educational and vocational goals and outcomes. The Case Manager will assess basic needs, identify barriers to employment, work with the team to develop an Individual Service Plan to address those barriers, and coordinate services to help youth prepare for and secure living-wage jobs with a career path upon graduation YouthBuild program.
This full-time position has duties that may include, but are not limited to:
• Working as a member of the team to ensure attainment of outcomes as defined by internal and external performance-based goals and objectives
• Contact, receive and review referrals to the Newburgh YouthBuild Program from local schools, community-based organizations, and government agencies, including walk-ins.
• Participate and coordinate outreach activities that include making presentations to nonprofit organizations, government agencies, probation/parole staff, schools, and community events
• Conduct program information sessions, interviewing, orientation, and enrollment, and administers appropriate assessments.
• Collaborate with team members and participants to assess needs and develop an Individual Service Plan that identifies barriers to employment and action steps to address those barriers
• Track youth participation in each program component (educational, construction, CMA), and monitor youth progress on an individual, bi-weekly basis
• Build relationships with community-based organizations and government agencies to promote collaboration, solve problems, and identify work experiences, training opportunities, resources for youth
• Follow program procedures regarding record keeping, documentation, confidentiality, and case files.
• Conduct exit planning and post-program follow-up.
• Takes appropriate actions with participants within program requirements
• Ensure the completion of all necessary paperwork, including case notes and data tracking for performance reporting
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience:
Must have good communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with diverse groups.
Bilingual preferred. Must be able to work independently and have computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office. Must have a current driver’s license and reliable transportation for required travel. Must pass a background check. This candidate will have two years of experience working with youth 16 & up and at least one year of experience in Workforce Development.
The Candidate will be Flexible, compassionate, creative, organized, motivated, and have a verifiable understanding of the services and resources available in the community.
Please submit a letter of interest, including a summary of qualifications for this position Emma Hambright at email@example.com .