YouthBuild Program Director
Full time- Newburgh, NY – 35 hour work week
Job Posting date: 10/6/21
The YouthBuild Program Director reports to Lync Executive Director with oversight by the RUPCO Assistant Vice President for Social and Human Services. The Director is the primary operational leader and manager of all Newburgh YouthBuild programming and manages a team of program staff including, a Career Specialist, a Case Manager, and other related staff. The Director is responsible for planning, coordinating, and monitoring the participants. The Director will provide consultation and coaching to Case Management and Career Specialist staff who manage participants’ educational and professional development. The primary goal is to address the participants’ ability to remain successful in the program and maintain a program culture that is participant centered, outcome-oriented, and dedicated to program participants’ continuous educational growth and skill development.
This full-time position has duties that may include, but are not limited to:
● Provide leadership and positive direction
● Run the day-to-day program operations
● Supervises YouthBuild program staff to achieve supportive program culture and high-quality services for
● Provides support and direction to program staff on effective youth development
● Provides training and support to staff
● Develops community partnerships for Newburgh YouthBuild and its members
● Assists with agency resource development by seeking volunteers, supporting grant writing, and fundraising
● Works closely with RUPCO and Lync on program policies and procedures, strategic planning, and budgets
● Provides leadership and quality assurance to all aspects of programming
● Able to implement system changes while managing competing priorities
● Able to develop and manage schedules, budgets and communicate with partners
● Able to learn and understand program requirements among funder and affiliate requirements, including YouthBuild USA, DOL, LYNC and RUPCO
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Must have good communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse groups, and strong command of the English Language. Computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must have current driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred, especially in Business Administration, Public/Nonprofit Administration, Social Work, or similar field along with 3 – 5 years of program management and supervision experience.
Candidates must be flexible, compassionate, creative, organized, motivated, and have a verifiable understanding
of the services and resources available in the community.
Please submit a letter of interest including a summary of qualifications for this position to Emma Hambright at firstname.lastname@example.org