The Superintendent reports directly to our Maintenance Supervisor, and is responsible for managing the day-to-day maintenance of the intergenerational affordable housing development known as Woodstock Commons located in Woodstock, New York. The Superintendent plays a key role in protecting, cleaning and maintaining the campus’ buildings and ensuring tenant safety and comfort. For many tenants, the Superintendent is RUPCO’s most visible representative. The Superintendent apartment is a roomy 2-bedroom apartment; the position includes access to a company truck for work-related tasks. This is a full-time, 35+-hour/week, live-in position with duties which may include, but are not limited to.
Position Responsibilities: Conduct daily cleaning duties both inside and outside around the entire Woodstock Commons campus. Tasks ensure:
- common areas are clean and in good repair; emergency exits and fixtures are in working order; snow, garbage, and recycling is removed from designated areas; elevators, lobbies, walls, and windows are clean; and floors are maintained (i.e. swept, mopped, buffed, vacuumed, and cleaned)
- Conduct emergency repairs or services as needed.
- Manage and monitor grounds to ensure that they are properly and safely maintained. Conduct a walking tour around the campus on a regular basis (daily/weekly) to monitor aesthetics of tenant areas and common spaces.
- Maintain grounds. This includes: snow removal, plowing, clearing snow and ice from sidewalks and driveways; overall landscaping, picking up trash, cutting grass, raking leaves and tending gardens, weeding, planting, etc.
- Perform a wide variety of general maintenance tasks such as small areas of drywall repair, painting, appliance repair/replacement, diagnose mechanical, plumbing, electrical problems and make repairs.
- Liaison and manage vendor relations on various projects needed for work to be done outside of the scope of Superintendent’s ability.
- Manage work order system to accomplish maintenance tasks. Accurate and timely completion of applicable reports (i.e. work orders, incident reports, etc.) Maintain maintenance files as required
- Serve as first responder to emergency calls from tenants and alarm company
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state and local regulations and other mandated guidelines and policies relevant to property management and operations including safety and quality assurance
- Provide on-call, after-hours, and/or weekend duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of maintenance operations in physical plant; ability to diagnose mechanical, plumbing, electrical problems and make repairs; ability to maintain a detailed record-keeping system and prepare correspondence relating to reports and inquiries
- Experience with operating truck snow plow and landscape equipment helpful
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with diverse groups and to maintain harmonious relationships with supervisors, peers, subordinates and tenants
- Be honest and have strong moral principles
- Demonstrate good judgment
- Physical condition that will permit activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting (must be able to lift at least 50 pounds), bending, walking, climbing, pushing, stooping, and working under adverse temperatures and/or weather conditions
- Ability to organize, work independently, delegate, and negotiate and problem solve
- Must be caring and compassionate, but at the same time able to establish a strong presence to enforce policies related to the safety and security of the residence community
- Have knowledge of, or willing to learn, EEOC, Fair Housing, OSHA, ADA and other applicable public laws
- Computer literate
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- A minimum of 5 years hands-on maintenance or related experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing
- Must have valid driver’s license
- 2-bedroom apartment
- Hourly pay for 35-hour work week (with possibility of occasional additional, overtime hours)
- Vacation, Sick, Personal time off plus holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available
- 403b Retirement Savings with employer match
- Use of company truck for work-related duties
RUPCO welcomes and encourages diversity in its workforce and all individuals are encouraged to apply. RUPCO is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Please submit cover letter including salary requirement and resume by January 19, 2018 to:
289 Fair Street
Kingston NY 12401